John Donica is a photographer and cinematographer from Moldova. Most of the time in his works he use medium format film with 6x7 camera. At the moment he is in collaboration with Norwegian film company FlimmerFilm.no He is interested to collaborate in film or commercial productions from Japan.
- 2012 - Film director and d.o.pat short documentary film "At the edge of the forest"
- 2012 - Director of photography at short fiction film "IOANA" directed by Iulia Puica.
- 2012 - Director of photography at short fiction film "ANA" directed by Natalia Shaufert.
- In 2013-2014 worked as a set photographer at feature film "ANISOARA" directed by Ana-Felicia-Scutelnicu.
- 2013 - Director of photography at short fiction film "INSIGHT" directed by Mihai Bruma.
- 2014-2015 - Director of photography at feature film "RESENTMENT" directed by Natalia Shaufert.
- 2014-2015 - Film director and d.o.p. at feature documentary film "Moments of silence"
- 2017 - Director of photography at short fiction film "REZELIENTA" directed by Mihai Tarna
- 2016-2017 - Director of photography at feature documentary film "Mirakelet i Moldova" directed by Stian Indrevoll. (Norway)
- 2017 - Director of photography at feature fiction film "...OGMA" directed by Mihai Tarna
His work was selected at many international film festivals: "Vision du Reel" "Kinoshok" "Busan short film festival" "East Silver" "Montenegro film festival" "Cronograf"
Awards in photography:
* 1st place at the photography contest "Beyond words" organized by the "Punkt" magazine 2009. * 2nd place at the photography contest "The historic center of Chisinau in the vision of young amateur photography" 2011 * Winner in the category "Fine Art Nude" at 1x Photo Awards 2011 * 1st place at LED photo contest, organized by LED (Liechtenstein Development Service) in Moldova 2012
Awards in film:
* "Moments of silence" - Best directing at DocuArtFest, Romania 2017.
* Winner at Internation Documentary Film Festival Moldova 2013 "Cronograf" with film "At the edge of the forest"
* Best Director at the MIFEC Film festival in Porto.